Who first discovered tea?
- The story of tea begins in China. According to legend, in 2737 BC, the Chinese emperor Shen Nung was sitting beneath a tree while his servant boiled drinking water, when some leaves from the tree blew into the water. Shen Nung, a renowned herbalist, decided to try the infusion that his servant had accidentally created. Thus, tea was born!
What is the shelf life of tea?
- Tea doesn't have an expiration date per se if stored properly. However, we have implemented a 2 year shelf life and 6 months once the packaging is opened for guaranteed freshness. All of our products have a lot number and best by date in order to guarantee the quality of our products.
What is the best way to store loose leaf tea?
- We recommend loose leaf tea be stored in an air tight container out of direct sunlight, or in the original packaging.
How is your tea decaffeinated?
- Herbal teas are generally caffeine free because they are made of dried flowers, leaves, seeds, and/or roots. All of our caffeine free blends do not go through a decaffeination process. They are all naturally caffeine free.
How much caffeine is in Green tea?
- There are so many variables in how tea is made which makes it hard to pin down precisely how much caffeine is in Green tea. General speaking, there is 28mg per 8 oz of tea.
How much caffeine is in Black tea?
- Like mentioned with the Green tea there are so many different ways to brew tea. Typically the rule of thumb is 47mg per 8 oz of tea.
How much is shipping and how long does it take?
- Domestically, shipping costs on orders under $30 is $4.90. Free on orders over $30. We ship every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We ship USPS priority mailing (2-3 days). Timing and costs will vary Internationally.
If you have any further questions please reach out to us via email or just click "Chat with us" at the bottom right corner of the screen and we will be happy to help!